I found this crazy list on this site; http://www.sff.net/paradise/lists.htm
There are tips for Evil Overlords, Hero’s, Evil Henchmen as well as Daughter’s of Wicked Overlord’s, Evil Overlord’s Accountants, Starfleet Captains and even a little help for the hapless sidekick.
With over 500 tips for anyone involved in global domination we should all learn from other’s mistakes. Here’s a sample – check out the rest through this link.
Section A: The Bad Guy
If I Ever Become the Evil Overlord…
1. My Legions of Terror will have helmets with clear plexiglass visors, not face-concealing ones.
2. My ventilation ducts will be too small to crawl through.
3. My noble half-brother whose throne I usurped will be killed, not kept anonymously imprisoned in a forgotten cell of my dungeon.
4. Shooting is not too good for my enemies.
5. The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.
6. I will not gloat over my enemies’ predicament before killing them.
7. When I’ve captured my adversary and he says, “Look, before you kill me, will you at least tell me what this is about?” I’ll say, “No.” and shoot him. No, on second thought I’ll shoot him then say “No.”